Using the Geobear system, we deliver fast ground injection solutions that improve the ground beneath the affected sections of track within short possessions. The result is a fully stable sub-base meaning line speeds can be restored and passenger delays minimised.
The consequences of railway delays not only impacts the passenger, but also the operator and the track maintainer through financial penalties. It’s vital that remediation is completed quickly and in a way that leads to as short an interruption of service as possible. Geobear’s unique solution is the fastest possible method to achieve stabilised track beds.
Geobear’s innovative geopolymer injection method
Geobear’s uses an innovative polymer injection method to relevel slabs and provide support to rail tracks, platforms, hardstanding areas, buildings and weighbridge areas that are experiencing unwanted subsidence movement.
Unlike with concrete underpinning, no excavations are involved; there is minimal requirement for plant and machinery and we can work with limited access. Large areas can be treated at the same time, and work can be programmed within a single possession with the track handed back to the operator in full working order. If possession time is at a premium we can treat smaller areas and you’re safe in the knowledge that a particular section is stabilised and can be handed back for live running within fifteen minutes.
Midland Mainline Project
Geobear recently worked on a section of the Midland Mainline near Kentish Town. We used our resin injection process to stabilise the tracks and enable Network Rail to quickly bring the line speed back to normal operating limits.
This was achieved with no excavation and completed in just a matter of hours. The video highlights a before and after to illustrate how effective our solutions are. Using cameras trained directly at the tracks, we show you how our polymer resin injection results in tracks that don’t sink down when trains go over them.
The Advantages of Railway Stabilisation from Geobear
- Fast – Railway tracks and platforms, buildings, weighbridges and hardstanding areas experiencing subsidence can all be treated in a much quicker and more economical fashion than with traditional underpinning methods. The Geobear geopolymer resin inject method can be carried out in as little as a few hours.
- Minimum disruption – We work to suit the requirements of the specific project we are working on, to reduce rail possession time, which is of course an important CDM consideration. We can even work during the night if needed, in order to create as little disruption as possible.
- Economical – Geobear’s resin injection solution is much more cost-effective than the alternatives. The low level of disruption keeps loss of revenue low.
- Efficient – Because we carry out our work with the utmost precision using laser monitoring, it is an efficient and long-lasting solution. Over 35 years the methods and materials we use have never failed.
- Eco-friendly –The Geobear method’s carbon footprint is low compared to traditional underpinning. We also follow a strict Zero Harm policy that applies to the environment and to our employees and the public.
UK Midlands to North and Scotland
Kevin Doyle: email@example.com
UK South to Midlands
Gordon Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org