Role: Ireland Manager
Reports to: MD Residential / Senior leadership team member
Subordinates: Supervisory Technician
At Geobear, we’re building something incredible. We are the UK’s leading subsidence repair company. We pioneered geopolymer solutions over 30 years ago and have been at the forefront of the ground engineering industry ever since. Our innovative solutions support residential, commercial and infrastructure projects. We support the ground when it needs help, so homes and businesses, airports, trains, roads and ports, keep running. Geobear is expanding globally and has offices in the UK, USA, Poland, Nordics and China.
We are a hardworking, ambitious and passionate bunch with broad-ranging expertise across ground engineering. We are looking for a highly capable and a results-driven Manager in Ireland to join us and help us realise our future growth ambition. You must be hungry, focussed, brilliant at what you do and a joy to work with.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an opportunity to build our Ireland business from the ground up.
A key focus is to develop incoming leads, prepare accurate technical solutions, and follow through to achieve targeted work orders. The role encompasses a high level of technical competence and detail in the residential sector. Planned and proactive selling in the residential sector is a key function.
You will have responsibility for the successful delivery of projects throughout Ireland. You will monitor site teams in terms of progress and performance and to give advice on problems encountered and provide support in resolving specific site difficulties. You will liaise with both clients and the supply chain to ensure successful management of the project pipeline. You will be responsible for the production of weekly & monthly management and health and safety reporting on the status of each project.
The role will require technical analysis and assessment of domestic building damage and soil conditions to prepare bespoke solutions. Clear guidance and proactive communications with customers will be essential to turn opportunities into orders following the provision of the scheme and quotation.
You will have P&L responsibility for Ireland and responsibility for all aspects of local business, supported by our organisation in the UK.
- Accept new opportunities and complete pre-visit validation
- Set up site visits (in person or virtual). Carry out site visits to KPI’s, prepare and design schemes to company guidelines and policies
- Carry out on-site site investigations, and interpret, to assist with detailed scheme designs
- Prepare pricing and quotations to KPI’s, and in accordance with company policies
- Manage planned and proactive follow-up of all quotations to conclusion
- Main client contact for all on-site construction activities; leading on project plans and works requirements
- Manage the subcontractors; coordinating and supervising work and management of materials and plant where required
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor RAMs and review and sign off of RAMs prior to work commencement and throughout the course of individual projects
- Regularly consult with project staff to ensure an accurate understanding of the site issues and ensure that site teams act accordingly at all times
- Regularly monitor safety reports to understand the issues being identified and how they are being resolved
- Attend project review meetings
- Liaise with Commercial staff to ensure clear understanding/reporting/management of the financial issues on each project
- Management and obtaining approval of variations and obtaining agreements with the client
- Manage multiple projects ranging from 2 to 10 projects at one time
- Assist the estimating department in scoping and pricing future works
- Day to day management of the supervisory technicians and ensuring that company procedures are followed at all times. Act as a flexible and proactive team member
- Input and maintain accurate data into company systems, and on time
- Ensure all aspects of orders won are accurate and complete, ready for handover
- Management reporting, stock management
Experience and Qualifications
- 10 years+ working in construction
- Knowledge of subsidence problems and underpinning/piling solutions in the residential sector. Understanding of soil mechanics/geotechnics
- Proven sales experience in the buildings sector. Proactive and assertive personality
- Experience in customer-facing roles, and customer care skills
- Excellent communications skills
- HND or NVQ4 as a minimum but preferably degree at BSc. level in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Project management experience on site
- Valid CSCS Site Managers card / SMSTS qualification
- Experience in data input and computer systems
- Previous Industry experience in a similar role & technical knowledge of construction/civil operations
- Appropriate IT skills
- Proactive and target driven approach
- Motivated by money and the will to succeed
- A positive and interactive team player. Excellent communicator who uses communication in proactive and strategic ways
- Clean criminal record / Full driving licence
- Knowledge of site investigation interpretation
- Experience in delivering CPD events
We are looking for a person who operates with high integrity, is resilient and takes ownership of their objectives. This person should be a self-starter, knowledgeable, highly organised, dynamic and flexible in their approach and should be of a strong character and have the ability to challenge performance and be challenged.
This role will require the candidate to be highly proactive and be able to manage change within the operations team.
A hands-on individual who is used to working in a fast-paced changing environment. Someone who can work under pressure, solve problems and is a good team player.
Ability to manage the Supervisory technicians where necessary and liaise with senior management as needed.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.