Open Position: Director Designate UK
|Position Title||Director Designate UK (Commercial / Infrastructure)|
|Unit/segment/||Commercial / Infrastructure|
|Reports to||Managing Director UK(Commercial / Infrastructure)|
About the role
The purpose of the role is to learn to lead the Commercial / Infrastructure Business to grow profitably whilst developing processes to provide a continuity progression plan for the business unit.
- Cash flow management.
- Hiring and training top talent.
- Ensuring high-quality execution of business strategy.
- Influencing and developing business strategy with the Board.
- To manage Area Managers to maximise proactivity and order intake and to develop key account relationships.
- To manage project delivery and develop a strong SHEQ culture.
- Proactively educate the markets on the capabilities and benefits of the Geobear solution.
- Active cooperation with Marketing to create new opportunities and ensure brand exposure at all levels.
You embrace change. This role requires the ability to enrol your team to implement constant incremental change and elimination of waste in processes in order to seek to improve performance.
You will be expected to spend time on coaching sales and operations best practices and developing key accounts as everyone has the inbuilt motivation to win all available opportunities.
You are passionate about winning new business and are committed to hard work and high performance and require that from the team. You are motivated by personal growth and increased earnings.
Internally the role serves to coordinate and synchronize the work of all Area Managers and Operations in the sector and ensure optimal performance and growth.
As the business is expected to have strong growth in the following years, team building and coaching of new sales managers and other staff is also one key element in developing this business sector in the near future.
Most important character traits:
- Work ethic
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude
- Kind / Likeable – able to form long term relationships
Most important skills/experience:
- Winning and delivering major piling/grouting work
- Technical degree
- P&L, balance sheet, cash flow management
- Proactive sales leadership
- Creating recurring revenue
Main responsibilities / key tasks
To work alongside the Managing Director to manage the overall performance of Commercial / Infrastructure in the UK. The responsibilities will mirror those of the Managing Director in order to have progression planning in place.
- To build team capability to enable stand-alone resources for the Comm / Infra business unit.
- Managing the P&L of the sector.
- Managing and Directing Safety & Quality of all operational activity.
- Daily business development and technical problem solving jointly with engineering team for proper scope definition
- Strong IT (Salesforce) utilisation in all tracks
- Pricing and profitability analysis; action planning to ensure financial goals are achieved
- Building business-relevant networking within the sector.
- Manage the operations team to ensure order delivery per plans and feed continuous learnings between sales and operations to the team
- Ensure that the business line has the competencies to act as a product champion and has sufficient expertise to drive developments
- Leading and coaching sector ́s sales team, developing training programs
- Manage and steer customer research activities
- Keeping up to date with latest market developments, customer needs and new technology.
- Continuous learning and understanding of key competitors and their offering
- Working with marketing on the planning of promotional and marketing activities and guiding product marketing
- Lead, coordinate and ensure constant update of the sales force together with in-house engineering & marketing teams
For further information or to apply for this role please email [email protected]