Position in the organisation: Contracts Manager
Reports to: Operations Director
Subordinates: Supervisory Technicians
As a Contracts Manager, you will have responsibility for the successful delivery of projects throughout the UK. You will monitor site teams in terms of progress and performance and to give advice on problems encountered and provide support in resolving specific site difficulties. You will liaise with both clients and the supply chain to ensure successful management of the project pipeline. You will be responsible for the production of weekly & monthly management and health and safety reporting on the status of each project.
- Main client contact for all on site construction activities; leading on project plans and works requirements
- Manage the subcontractors; coordinating and supervising work and management of materials and plant where required
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor RAMs and review and sign off of RAMs prior to work commencement and throughout the course of individual projects
- Regularly consult with project staff to ensure an accurate understanding of the site issues and ensure that site teams act accordingly at all times
- Regularly monitor safety reports to understand the issues being identified and how they are being resolved
- Attend project review meetings
- Liaise with Commercial staff to ensure clear understanding/reporting/management of the financial issues on each project
- Management and obtaining approval of variations and obtaining agreements with the client
- Manage multiple projects ranging from 2 to 10 projects at one time
- Assist the estimating department in scoping and pricing future works
- Day to day management of the supervisory technicians and ensuring that company procedures are followed
Experience and Qualifications
- HNC or NVQ4 as minimum but preferably degree at BSc. level in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Valid CSCS Site Managers card
- SMSTS qualification
- Technical knowledge of construction/civil operations
- Previous Industry experience in a similar role
- Appropriate IT skills
- Excellent communicator who uses communication in proactive and strategic ways
- Clean criminal record
We are looking for a person who operates with high integrity, is resilient and takes ownership of their objectives. This person should be a self-starter, knowledgeable, highly organised, dynamic and flexible in their approach and should be of a strong character and have the ability to challenge performance and be challenged.
This role will require the candidate to be highly proactive and be able to manage change within the operations team.
Hands-on individual who is used to working in a fast-paced changing environment. Someone who can work under pressure, solve problems and is a good team player.
Ability to manage the Supervisory technicians where necessary and liaise with senior management as needed.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Deadline: Friday 7th January 2022